2/9/10
Adventures in Teaching - Super Bowl Style
I didn't get the memo. I know the Saints won the Super Bowl, but what I didn't know was that it gave people an automatic pass on all work or signs of acting like a civil human being. Case in point...my classroom. At a school of 1400, we had 500 absences on Monday. Most showed up today and were mind-blown that we took notes. GASP!!! When asked what they did yesterday, some of my favorite responses were, "Slept." "Well my parents decided to call in sick so they didn't make me go either." "I just figured they should have canceled school anyway so I was trying to make a point." How's that for protesting? Today, they were all quite surprised I was giving a test. Mind you the test was scheduled since Monday of last week. So my little protesters decided to get vocal. "How could you do that to us, Mrs. Rodrigue? You must not be a fan of the Who Dats." At the end of the day looking around my disheveled room, I realized something...thank God the Mardi Gras holidays are almost here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
pathetic huh? We had half of our teachers out!! And those TEACHERS did not send their kids! Crazy! I even made school Monday - you know - Sean Peyton's wife!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm late on this post, but I got to do the opposite. I'd been giving my Cowboys fans students grief all season. After the NFC Championship game, I decorated my door with gold wrapping paper, a bunch of fleur di lis and gold and black streamers. It's still up. It was pretty nice being able to flaunt the win out in Texas!!
ReplyDelete