4/14/10

28 week check up

I passed! This week was my glucose test, and I passed without cheating. I had to drink this "nasty" drink, wait an hour and then have blood drawn to check how my body responded. I have quotes around nasty because I actually found the drink to be quite tasty. The nurse handed me the 8 ounces of fruit flavored goodness while some other onlookers waited to see my face twist in disgust. The nurse even gave me a time limit of 5 minutes to drink this stuff. Thirty seconds later, I was handing the nurse an empty bottle while my doubting onlookers sat puzzled. It was a good visit. Four more pounds gained and Boomer's heartbeat is still in the 150's. From now on I'll be going to the doctor every two weeks. YIKES!!

On a completely unrelated note, if you have school-age kids, please help them learn how to be more sneaky about cheating. I miss the days of libraries and encyclopedias. I can't tell you how many research papers I had that still had the website hyperlinks underlined and colored in blue! I do love the copy and paste feature, but at least I make it look like something I typed. Please remind your children to click "Edit," "Select All," and then change the font color to black before printing. I'm not encouraging cheating, but I am encouraging being more aware of the features available in Microsoft Word.

3 comments:

  1. congrats on passing! Yay! And that Microsoft word stuff is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Glad you passed! 2-week check-ups start...little one is coming soon. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And what's even better is when you get an essay that is in two different fonts and as you read you think "hmm, why are there two totally different fonts in this paper?" When you do a quick google search - surprise, surprise - you have found the two different websites the kids lifted from. I mean that's just plain lazy!

    Glad all is going well.

    ReplyDelete