5/23/10

33 weeks and baby class


33 weeks and I'm on summer vacation. Whoo hoo!!! Now it's time to clean, wash and get ready for baby. Brian and I went to our "After Baby Comes" class to get ready. The question of the day from a girl sitting next to me..."If I am breastfeeding, how often do I have to wash my nipples?" I fear she was going to boil some water in an effort to sterilize her nipples after every feeding. Either way it gave Brian and I a good laugh. We did learn a lot with little PB (Plastic Baby). No more baby powder or baby oil and lotion is on the questionable side. The lady tried to prepare us for the horrors we may see right after birth...a baby covered in disgusting white vernix, the first diaper changes, breastfed diaper changes, a cone shaped head...I can see why the lady said we may be shocked at first. YIKES!!! We learned several different holds for burping, for colic, for night sleeping, etc. I was practicing one particular sitting on the lap burp hold and Brian just says, "You're strangling PB!" Sure enough I had my hand wrapped around his neck instead of supporting his chin. My bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment