10/18/10

Mommy and Me Day

When did poop become the most important conversion of my day? Cameron is finally converted to all formula no breast milk. Oh yeah, we also decided to go ahead and add rice cereal to his bottles even though the doctor said wait until 4 months. Such the rule breakers! Well I had not changed a poopy diaper since the switch, but my husband called me on the phone this weekend to tell me, "Oh Sarah, it's awful." Today I got to play stay at home mommy, and I was pretty excited. Will he roll over? Will we see cows? Will I get to see a new poopy diaper? At 8am, the smell diffused across the room. I put the kid on the changing pad and tried to brace myself. Nothing could have prepared me for...the diaper disaster! The first diaper is filled to the top (front and back). Okay, we're going to need extra reinforcement. Panic mode - the wipes are stuck and won't come out the box. Let the games begin...I put his little butt back down. Yes, back in the poop. He starts kicking which moves the diaper up his back and now his outfit is covered as well as the fresh diaper underneath. I pick up one leg, he puts the other foot in the poop. I'm still scrambling for wipes. More wipes!!! I pick up both legs, he then sends a stream of poop flying my way. It has so much air that the stream flies past the changing pad onto the carpet below. WIPES!!! WIPES!!! I just grab the diapers and as I'm wrapping them up, he puts his hand in it. So now I'm wiping Cameron's hand, his butt and foot are still covered in poop, there's no more back up diaper under him, and I'm counting as if there is a time limit as to when poop stains carpet.

I pick Cameron up to survey the damage and go get a rag and some stain remover. One pat to the back and there is an enormous burp followed by the sound of running water on the floor. Not running water. 3 of the 4 ounces he just consumed are now covering the back of my shirt, shorts and the floor. This is all before 9am.


Here's a picture of later on that day. He's still a little short for the bouncer so I put a box under his feet. It's probably a big no-no in the baby books, but it's not like I left him with the remote, a TV dinner and checked on him hours later. He only lasted about 10 minutes before we moved on.

1 comment:

  1. when that kind of poop happens, it's straight into the sink to be hosed down in my house. we have the same bouncy thing and we put a stack of books under his feet to help him when he was too short.

    ReplyDelete