I never thought much about HOW I put Cameron on the potty. Only when. I had given up my potty training efforts since I went back to teaching full-time for a bit. My mom took over and of course became the miracle worker. She said Cameron pee peed on the potty. (Side note: how does "pee peed" not come up with a spell check underline. Is that really accurate spelling?) So about 30 minutes after she left I dragged Cameron in the room. It went something like this: I said, "Let's go potty." My little speedster took off. I cornered him (clearly, I wasn't outrunning him), picked him up and fought the wiggling over the the bathroom. After prying ten little fingers one by one off of the door frame, I sat him down on his Elmo potty chair. He lost his mind, threw himself on the floor and cried for ten minutes. Looked like me when I have a urinary tract infection.
So I tried to call Meme out and that was a mistake. She says, "Cameron, let's go get a cookie." Sneaky. He walks willingly into the bathroom and she puts him on the big potty facing BACKWARDS!!! What in the world? Have I gone 30 years of my life peeing on the potty in the WRONG DIRECTION! So the kid pees in the potty, flushes, says "bye pee pee" and goes on his merry way. My mouth is still in shock at the whole backwards thing. I start trying the Meme way and things continue going great.
Does positioning matter? Boy does it! I couldn't figure out why in the world I would put this kid backwards on the potty, and then I turned him around to face me (the I guess normal way). So he peed and his pants and underwear are wet. Must have had an earlier accident. A little while later, I put him on the potty, he pees and his pants and underwear are wet. What is going on? Who urinates this much? And then I figured it out. When Cameron goes to the potty, he has to take off everything except his shirt...pants, underwear, socks and shoes (that makes for a ton of fun when out in public). When I put him on the potty, his pants and other clothes were under his feet. As he peed, he managed to aim his pee pee in the slight gap in between the seat and the toilet bowl. Pee was dripping onto his legs and on his clothes. Flipping the kid around gives him a little more space.
Brian then shows Cameron how to pee standing up. Pretty awesome until I go in there with him. First of all, is he supposed to straddle the toilet? Secondly, why does he still need to take all his clothes off? I was in Hobby Lobby holding, a purse, a diaper bag, shoes, socks, pants and underwear while trying to dangle a kid over the toilet because I didn't want his bare feet pulling a Britney Spears. Thank God Jack wasn't with us. Third, girls need to be reminded to put the seat up for the boys. Awkward moment was when his pee pee was drifting onto my seat (forgot to put it up again). Okay now what? Tell him to push "it" that way? What does that mean? It creeps me out to hold it for him. Really? Isn't that borderline jail time? He already grabs himself 20 out of 24 hours in the day so all I need is another reason for him to grab a hold. Where's Brian? Seems like a dad job.
No comments:
Post a Comment