7/28/10

3 week pictures

Things have been going pretty well. I'm adjusting to a life spent only in REM sleep although Brian may say otherwise. At least once a night I'll sit up in bed and start frantically searching the sheets for Cameron. Okay, stop laughing. I'm not dreaming this either. I've never brought Cameron in my bed, but I will sit up in bed because I'm convinced I lost him somewhere in the sheets. Brian has had to stop me from taking the covers off the bed. My brain cells were destroyed during labor. It's a side effect they don't actively publish, but I'm sure it happens to most. Another side effect from this baby is being turned into a leaky faucet. I don't have to pay the spa for those expensive milk bath treatments because I can leak about 2 cups of water into the tub in the time it takes me to bathe. I really wouldn't have to latch Cameron on to nurse. He could just open his mouth and look up. My last side effect - and perhaps the biggest and most traumatic - is the case of the missing belly button. What happened to my belly button and when do I get it back? It's no secret that my belly button disappeared during my pregnancy (flip back to those archives if you've forgotten how large I became). I terrified my nephew Kaleb who didn't understand where my belly button went. It wasn't an outie or an innie. It became this black spot flush with the rest of my skin. Now it resembles Jabba the Hut. It's still not an outie or an innie. It's an excess of discolored skin that kind of looks like a mini piece of the plastic poops sometimes thrown at Mardi Gras parades. (How's that for a visual?) I'm not sure how long it takes for belly buttons to recover, but I'd appreciate any advice.


I tried to take pictures for Cameron's 3 week birthday, and this is what I got.
Here he is practicing the wave.




1 comment:

  1. Yes, labor and pregnancy definitely destroys brain cells. I am definitely not as sharp as I used to be. As for the belly button, I lost mine too, but it did come back. I don't know when, it's all a big blur, but it's there now so I guess it returned home at some point.

    ReplyDelete